Desk organisers are any box or open tray – typically kept on the open surface- , divided into compartments for keeping office supplies as pens, pencils, paperclips etc. Desk organisers are also called desk caddy, desk tidy and desktop organiser and are meant to keep your items in a small compact space.
Desk organiser – Functions
The basic function of the desk organiser is to help you reduce stress at work and also help you achieve the efficient organised look for your boss as well as the client. Here are some of the ways the desk organising can help you enhance your ability to work.
- A clean desk top shows yourimage as a professional worker. And it directly change the attitude of your colleagues and clients towards you.
- Clutter is stressful, less clutter reduces stress.
- An organized desk helps you remember important tasks.
- A clean environment saves time.
- Last but not least a clean desk facilitates creativity.
Organizing your desk for maximum efficiency and productivity
There are many desk organizers to help you with your desk, but the basic organization starts with your planning. Speaking of planning you would want to get your desk organiser from well-known suppliers like123ink.ca.
Here are some of the tips for you to get yourself organised.
- Start with your layout ,as with any other planning. Note that it is finally the effective use of the available space.
- Check list the items you need on the desk. Many a time you may never use the item on your desk.
- Don’t overdo the knick knacks, a normal temptation
- Control your inbox. An overflowing inbox is the first sign of being disorganised.
- Think out of the box. Use the side of the desk and wall space.
- Reassess frequently.
- De-clutter frequently. This is one of the most efficient and easy way to improve the desk.
De-clutter your desk for the best benefit
Getting the desk de-cluttered on a periodic and frequent basis, it is essential for most of us. Some people however have the knack of keeping their desk ever organized. But for most of us, here are some of the steps The first point you need to consider is what you need on your desk. Make a priority list.
- Have a spot for everything or rather assign the spaces.
- Follow a system
- Focus on vertical space
- Make a clean space. A clean space is your friend and promotes harmony and creativity.